Lac La Ronge Indian Child & Family Services Agency
REQUIRES (1) ONE:
MENTAL HEALTH WORKER
In La Ronge, Saskatchewan
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Mental Health Worker is required to provide therapy and assistance to ICFS clients with mental illness or development disabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients in all six (6) Lac La Ronge Indian Band Communities to evaluate their Mental Health concerns;
- Creating goals and treatment plans;
- Creating records of each patient’s history; charts and patients’ progress during ongoing sessions;
- Implementing treatment and recovery plans;
- Working with clients in aftercare programs;
- Meeting with family members and providing guidance and support;
- Establish a good working relationship with Healthcare providers and community wellness centers;
- Refer the clients to other Healthcare Professionals and community resources as needed;
- Provide Mental Health Awareness & Education to CFS staff members;
- Traveling to all LLRIB communities to provide services for ICFS clients.
- All other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor;
- Certificate/ Diploma in Mental Health and Wellness Program.
- BSW or BISW.
- 2 to 3 years’ previous counseling experience.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Must be able to provide a recent and satisfactory Criminal Record check, Driver’s Abstract and Child Abuse Record Check.
- Ability to speak Cree would be an asset.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS: Friday April 12, 2019
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO: Ahmed Tarin, Human Resources Officer
Indian Child & Family Services Agency
P.O. Box 1739
La Ronge SK. S0J 1L0
Phone: (306) 425-5511
Fax: (306) 425-5335
Submit cover letter and resume with: three (3) professional references and one (1) reference from your most recent supervisor). Cover letter must indicate permission to contact references. ICFS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.