Lac La Ronge Indian Child & Family Services Agency
REQUIRES (1) One:
Family Service Worker
In La Ronge, Saskatchewan
Family Service Worker reports to the Family Services Supervisor. The primary objective is to ensure the safety and well being of children by working with families to address identified risks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be an Officer Under the Act with all powers ancillary thereto pursuant to the provisions of The Child & Family Services Act, for the Province of Saskatchewan.
- Complete all case-plans, documentation and legal agreements in accordance with the Family Centered Case Management Manual.
- Provide support, counseling and interventions to address the identified risk factors.
- Actively participate with Prevention Services in family group conferencing, case conferences, and case planning.
- Work with families and out of home placements toward safety, well-being and permanence of children.
- Work closely with all community resource personnel to establish services for families.
- Referring to appropriate agencies for specific needs such as counseling services, addictions treatment, child assessment, etc.
- To prepare all required documentation for and attend Family Services Court.
- Advocating and assisting clients to remove barriers.
- Provide informational sessions regarding ICFS and The Child & Family Services Act to community resources.
- Ensures that all files and documentation are up-to-date and accurate.
- Apprehension of children when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSW or BISW
- Criminal Record, and Driver’s Abstract Clearance
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS: Friday, April 19, 2019 @ 4:30pm
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO: Ahmed Tarin, Human Resource Officer
Indian Child & Family Services Agency
P.O. Box 1739
La Ronge SK. S0J 1L0
Phone: (306) 425-5511
Fax: (306) 425-5335
Submit cover letter and resume with: two (2) professional references and one (1) reference from your most recent supervisor. Cover letter must indicate permission to contact references. ICFS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.