Lac La Ronge Indian Child & Family Services Agency
REQUIRES (1) ONE:
In La Ronge, Saskatchewan
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Addictions Worker will be responsible for providing therapy/ counseling to ICFS clients struggling with drug addiction, alcohol addiction and/or gambling addiction. The addiction worker will be also working with ICFS client’s family members.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Meeting with clients in all six (6) Lac La Ronge Indian Band Communities to evaluate their addiction problems;
- Identifying issues and creating goals and treatment plans;
- Creating records of each client’s history; charts and clients’ progress during ongoing sessions;
- Addictions worker must ensure that treatment goals are being met, as well as attend meetings regarding client care;
- Addictions workers may also be consulting with other professionals to assess progress as they guide each patient in overcoming addictions and addictive behaviors;
- Meeting with family members and providing guidance and support;
- Establish a good working relationship with Healthcare providers and community treatment/ wellness centers; and refer clients to treatment centers;
- Refer the clients to other Healthcare Professionals and community resources as needed;
- Traveling to all LLRIB communities to provide services for ICFS clients.
- All other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor;
- Certificate in Addictions Counseling.
- BSW or BISW.
- 2 to 3 years’ previous experience working in addictions and counseling.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Must be able to provide a recent and satisfactory Criminal Record check, Driver’s Abstract and Child Abuse Record Check.
- Ability to speak Cree would be an asset.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS: Monday June 3, 2019
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO: Ahmed Tarin, Human Resources Officer
Indian Child & Family Services Agency
P.O. Box 1739
La Ronge SK. S0J 1L0
Phone: (306) 425-5511
Fax: (306) 425-5335
Submit cover letter and resume with: three (3) professional references and one (1) reference from your most recent supervisor). Cover letter must indicate permission to contact references. ICFS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.