Lac La Ronge Indian Child & Family Services Agency
REQUIRES (1) ONE:
Foster Care Worker
In La Ronge, Saskatchewan
Reporting to the Children Services Supervisor, the Foster Care Worker assures that all foster resources are trained and adhere to the P.R.I.D.E. Model to ensure the safety and well being of children entrusted to their care.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit Foster Parents, Emergency Homes, and Therapeutic Homes.
- Prepare for and conduct P.R.I.D.E. Core training.
- Conduct mutual assessment with families in order to create the Family Development Plan.
- Complete all forms for foster care maintenance.
- Ongoing support to foster parents to address any concerns or problems they may have.
- Responsible for matching resources to child in care needs.
- Develop special care homes for special needs children.
- Work as part of the Family & Youth Services team.
- Complete annual reviews of Foster Homes.
- Complete daily living support and reviews of therapeutic children.
- To maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSW or BISW
- Recent and Satisfactory Criminal Record, Child Abuse, and Driver’s Abstract Clearance
ICFS OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS: Sunday September 15, 2019
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO: Ahmed Tarin, Human Resources Officer
Indian Child & Family Services Agency
P.O. Box 1739
La Ronge SK. S0J 1L0
Phone: (306) 425-5511
Fax: (306) 425-5335
Submit cover letter and resume with: three (3) professional references and one (1) reference from your most recent supervisor). Cover letter must indicate permission to contact references. ICFS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.