Lac La Ronge Indian Child & Family Services Agency
REQUIRES (1) One:
Child Protection Intake Worker
In La Ronge, Saskatchewan
Child Protection Intake Worker reports to the Children’s Service’s Supervisor. The primary objective is to provide intake services for all complaints of child abuse & neglect to determine the need for intervention services with a view to preserving the family.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assesses the presence of risk factors to the children and families according to the Ministry of Social Services, Structured Decision Making process.
- Referring to appropriate agencies for specific needs such as counseling services, addictions treatment, child assessment, etc.
- Direct/filter calls to other resources or workers within the Agency
- Professional networking and brainstorming supports
- Availability at all times (ability to multi-task, prioritize and access risk)
- Retain knowledge of families and communities
- Have excellent computer skills with the ability to navigate Agency databases and computer systems
- Ensures that all files and documentation are up-to-date and accurate.
- Provide informational sessions regarding ICFS to the community as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSW or BISW
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Human Services Field &/or related experience.
- Criminal Record, and Driver’s Abstract Clearance
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS: Friday, December 13th, 2019 @ 4:30pm
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO: Ahmed Tarin, Human Resources Officer
Indian Child & Family Services Agency
P.O. Box 1739
La Ronge SK. S0J 1L0
Phone: (306) 425-5511
Fax: (306) 425-5335
Submit cover letter and resume with: two (2) professional references and one (1) reference from your last supervisor). Cover letter must indicate permission to contact references. ICFS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.