Lac La Ronge Indian Child & Family Services Agency
REQUIRES (1) One:
Child Protection Worker
In La Ronge, Saskatchewan
Child Protection Worker reports to the Children’s Service’s Supervisor. The primary objective is to investigate all complaints of child abuse & neglect to determine the need for intervention services with a view to preserving the family.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be an Officer Under the Child & Family Services Act, for the Province of Saskatchewan.
- Assesses the presence of risk factors to the children and families according to the Ministry of Social Services, Structured Decision Making process.
- Complete all case-plans, documentation and legal agreements in accordance with the Family Centered Case Management Manual.
- Provides intervention services and problem solving solutions to address the identified risk factors.
- Actively participate with Prevention Services in family group conferencing, case conferences, and case planning.
- Referring to appropriate agencies for specific needs such as counseling services, addictions treatment, child assessment, etc.
- To prepare all required documentation for and attend Family Services Court as required.
- Ensures that all files and documentation are up-to-date and accurate.
- Apprehension of children when necessary
- Provide informational sessions regarding ICFS to the community as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSW or BISW
- Criminal Record, and Driver’s Abstract Clearance
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS: Friday, November 1st, 2019 @ 4:30pm
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO: Ahmed Tarin, Human Resource Officer
Indian Child & Family Services Agency
P.O. Box 1739
La Ronge SK. S0J 1L0
Phone: (306) 425-5511
Fax: (306) 425-5335
Submit cover letter and resume with: two (2) professional references and one (1) reference from your last supervisor). Cover letter must indicate permission to contact references. ICFS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.