Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Parenting Manual Developer will be responsible for capturing the knowledge and wisdom of the Lac La Ronge Indian Band Elders about the traditional ways of parenting. The Manual Developer will also be responsible to create a guide based on Elders’ teachings for parents that can be combined with our Triple P Parenting teaching s for a more holistic parenting program.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Meeting with Lac La Ronge Indian Band Elders;
- Interviewing Elders about how traditional Woodland Cree parented their children;
- Develop and adhere to a work plan in order to complete the Woodland Cree Parenting Manual within 12 months;
- Translate Cree into English;
- Create, document and analyze Elders’ interviews;
- Incorporate and create documents from the interviews’;
- Develop and Design the Woodland Cree Parenting Manual based on Elders’ teachings;
- Work independently and effectively to manage timelines and submit high quality products in time;
- Establish a good working relationship with community members and Elders;
- Traveling to all LLRIB communities;
- All other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor;
- Must have Grade 12 but preference shall be given to the candidate with some post-secondary education.
- Proficient in Micro Soft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- 2 to 3 years’ previous experience in documents and resources development.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills are required.
- Must be a fluent Cree speaker.
- Proficient understanding of Cree values and culture and ability to apply this in the development of resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Must be able to provide a recent and satisfactory Criminal Record check, Driver’s Abstract and Child Abuse Record Check.
Note: Candidates selected for the interview will be required to provide 3 or 4 samples of documents that they have created.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS: Until Suitable Candidate if Found
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO: Ahmed Tarin, Human Resource Officer
Indian Child & Family Services Agency
P.O. Box 1739
La Ronge SK. S0J 1L0
Phone: (306) 425-5511
Fax: (306) 425-5335
Submit cover letter and resume with: two (2) professional references and one (1) reference from your last supervisor). Cover letter must indicate permission to contact references. ICFS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.